Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Wide and very confusing world of browsers

Now i was reminded by a couple of friends this week about the ongoing browser war, and this got me thinking. (Hey, I do Geography, i got plenty of time to think)

Has anyone actually tried to count all the browsers available or god forbid, tried to download them all...
Think about it... There's the obvious ones : Firefox, IE7, and Safari.
But then there is your slightly more fringe browsers: Chrome, Seamonkey, Flock, Opera, Konqueror etc etc.
The list never actually seems to end, its like a new day, a new browser. Wouldn't it be easier, if we all just made one or two awesome browsers (did anyone say Chrome and Firefox) and just used them?

Okay so maybe i'm getting off into my own little Utopian world again, but it would make things easier.

2 comments:

Jackson said...

No, no one said Chrome. All I need to do is stick with Firefox, and not worry too much about the others.

freddi said...

Yes, but Chrome is also useful for when you want to look at a non-Firefox compatible page, or when you're looking for a minimalistic approach to web-surfing. but yes, Firefox would have to be my primary browser...

Then again it's difficult to go past my Firefox with 37 extensions. You name it, my Firefox can do it. It can even read my e-mail accounts. Yay for addons.mozilla.org !!!